"There’s a common misconception that internal medicine physicians can manage all neurologic care, but neurology requires different expertise. At hospitals where a neurohospitalist evaluates and manages these patients, we see appropriate ordering of tests, decreased lengths of stay, better outcomes, and increased patient satisfaction.”
Arbi Ohanian, MD
Vituity’s Vice President of Operations, Acute Neurology
Managing the Nuances of Neurology Inpatients
Vituity’s neurohospitalist program improve care for patients recovering from stroke and inpatients who suffer from epilepsy or other neurologic issues. With specialized training and a dedicated inpatient focus, our team provides predictable, high quality care for your highly vulnerable patients.
Vituity Neurohospitalist Services
- In-Person Neurohospitalist Support: Vituity neurohospitalists are trained to manage neurologic complexities. Dedicated to inpatients with neurologic disorders, Vituity neurohospitalists perform daily rounds on patients in the ED, intensive care unit, and on the floor, as well as consult on patients across other hospital departments.
- Teleneurohospitalist Support: Our unique telehealth program can be a cost-effective solution to fill gaps in specialist coverage for your hospital. Through HD audio, video, and remote diagnostics, Vituity teleneurohospitalists consult on complex neurologic patients.
- Program Development: For hospitals pursuing a comprehensive neurology program, Vituity consultants can perform operational assessments, identify a cost-effective development plan, and work with existing medical staff on process improvements and integration.
Our neurohospitalists can serve as medical director. They will bring a road map for success and can assist with stroke center accreditation or even development of specialty programs, such as an epilepsy monitoring unit, deep brain stimulation, neuro-oncology, and palliative care programs.
- Quality and outcomes — Enhances appropriate ordering of tests, speeds time to evaluation, and reduces length of stay.
- Patient satisfaction and continuity — improves the patient experience with tightly coordinated care and transitions from our dedicated team of neurohospitalists.
- Program development — Enhances expansion or development of a comprehensive neurology program, including neurointerventional and neurodiagnostic programs, and supports stroke center accreditation process.
- Aligned with hospital initiatives — Advances your hospital’s quality and process improvement initiatives with engaged physicians and robust support resources.
Vituity’s neurohospitalist program is part of our integrated neurology solutions. We can assist you with building a comprehensive program, achieving Joint Commission stroke certification, or expanding your specialty capabilities while providing a seamless emergency and inpatient experience.
Downloadable InformationVituity Neurohospitalist Services Overview