Anesthesiology Billing and Insurance
Thank you for giving us the privilege of caring for you. We at Vituity are committed to providing you with exceptional, compassionate care.When you have a surgical procedure at a hospital, you will often receive three bills:
- One from the hospital (called a "facility fee")
- One from the surgeon (called a "professional fee")
- One from the anesthesiologist (also called a "professional fee")
The bill from Vituity covers the professional fees for the care you received from the anesthesiologist.
For direction on where to submit payments, please refer to your billing statement. If you have any questions about a bill you have received from Vituity, please visit to our billing information page.
Frequently Asked Questions
Terms of coverage vary among plans; please consult your policy for details. For procedures covered by insurance, the health plan generally pays a portion of the anesthesia charges, and the subscriber pays the balance, provided the plan's deductible has been met.
For plans that have established contracts with Vituity, charges are discounted according to the terms of the contract.
Unfortunately, a few PPO plans have not established contracts with Vituity (and therefore Vituity is an "out-of-network provider"). These plans still typically pay a portion of either the total charge or the plan's limiting charge. This is sometimes paid directly to the subscriber, who is ultimately responsible for paying Vituity.
For current information or any questions, please call your health insurance provider.
- Affinity (Bay Valley Medical Group)
- Anthem (Blue Cross) – including exchange
- Blue Shield – including exchange
- GEHA – government employees
- CIGNA (Great West)
- Health Plan of San Joaquin
- MultiPlan (Concentra Preferred Systems, Beech Street, ADMAR/BCE Emergis and some HealthNet and Principal Financial Plans) ***
- Oscar Health Plan
- Palo Alto Medical Foundation (Camino Medical Group)
- Physicians Medical Group of San Jose
- Physicians Medical Group of Santa Cruz
- Preferred Medical Claim Solutions
- Prime Health Services
- River City MG
- SCCIPA (Santa Clara County IPA)
- United Healthcare
- Workers Compensation
*** Note: many insurers such as HealthNet and others are covered under Multiplan. Consult your insurance card/insurer.
Vituity is committed to assisting you with any financial issues you may have. We strongly encourage you to call our office at 800-498-7157 before or after your procedure to confirm your plan's contract status with Vituity and to receive an estimate of charges.
If your plan does not have a contract with Vituity, you should contact your insurer to get an estimate of their expected financial contribution. Some non-contracted plans will still pay a significant portion of charges, especially if there are no contracted providers available in the area.
If you feel your plan leaves you with an unreasonable financial burden, Vituity offers payment plans or financial hardship discounts on a case-by-case basis. Please ask about our options.
Subscribe to receive the latest news and events.
You have successfully subscribed.