Our Fellowships Set You on a Path to Medical Director
Vituity’s one-year Administrative Fellowship gives new and recent graduates the opportunity to gain mentorship and skills that can help propel you into Medical Director and other leadership roles. This program accelerates your career in leadership by 5-10 years by building professional credentials. You will:
- Learn the business of medicine from current C-level executives, Board members, and regional leaders
- Get the tools and support to implement a project that will positively change the lives of patients and clinicians across the country
- Develop and share your strengths as a leader and clinician, both at your local practice site and across Vituity
Administrative Fellowships are available for physicians who plan to practice clinically in emergency medicine, hospital medicine, urgent care, neurology, psychiatry, and anesthesiology.
The Fellowship includes a rigorous didactic curriculum, participation in leadership meetings, and an individualized fellow project. With mentorship by senior Vituity leaders, you become an active member of the administrative team and through your project, tackle important issues such as quality, risk management, advocacy, and continuing education.
The curriculum is designed to prepare fellows for leadership roles across Vituity and develop skills that include:
- Identifying opportunities for process improvement and managing organizational change
- Presenting to large groups and leading large meetings
- Understanding financial metrics and identifying ways to optimize operational and financial performance
The program includes three components:
- Didactic curriculum including lectures by subject matter experts, case studies, required readings, leadership development discussions
- Observation and participation in company meetings, committees and leadership programs including the Board of Directors, Medical Director and/or Divisional Meetings, Collaborative Learning programs, Clinical Education, and the Leadership Summit
- Fellow project is an opportunity for each fellow to demonstrate their ability to manage and lead. Taking place over six to eight months, fellows engage with Vituity’s leaders and resources to make a lasting, organization-wide impact
Program Leadership and Location
Mentors include Board Members, Vice Presidents, and Regional Directors across specialties and vary from year-to-year.
The administrative fellowship is a regionally-based position, aligned with your program mentor. You will practice at a clinical location within the region, and participate in both regional and national meetings and learning opportunities.
The program leaders are:
Gregg Miller, MD
Chief Medical Officer
Tiffany Hackett, MD, MBA
Director of Leadership Development
Seth Thomas, MD, FACEP
Director of Quality & Performance
The Administrative Fellowship is open to graduates of an accredited anesthesiology, emergency medicine, internal medicine, neurology, psychiatry, or family practice residency program. You must be:
- Board certified or board eligible in anesthesiology, emergency medicine, internal medicine, family practice, or urgent care
- Able to obtain medical license in practicing state
- Demonstrate high academic achievement
- Demonstrate leadership and strong communication skills
Compensation and Benefits
Fellows receive regular compensation for clinical hours as an attending physician and Vituity Partner (including Partnership advancement) and are eligible for the full benefits available to all physicians.
We are here to help as you explore fellowship opportunities.
Connect directly with program administrators.
Our program administrators will be in touch with you soon.