Presence Health — Excellence in Medical Training
Vituity’s EMPA Fellowship Program operates primarily out of Presence Saints Mary & Elizabeth Medical Center, part of Presence Health, a 10-hospital health service network in Illinois. Presence Health’s emergency departments have achieved operational excellence with a Rapid Medical Examination (RME) process for rapid assessment and a Rapid Treatment Area (RTA) for lower acuity patients. Presence Health prides itself on its collegial culture, where advanced providers are valued and respected by nursing and have ample opportunity to perform procedures and care for critical patients under physician supervision.
Fellows will have the opportunity to rotate through four of the system’s hospitals:
- Presence Saints Mary & Elizabeth Medical Center is an award-winning medical center and the largest hospital on the northwest side of Chicago, with 450 inpatient beds and a comprehensive Emergency Department that sees over . Saints Mary & Elizabeth is the second largest behavioral health hospital in Illinois. Accredited services supported by the Emergency Department include:
- American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation (AACVPR) – Cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation programs
- Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME)
- Emergency Department Approved for Pediatrics (EDAP)
- The Joint Commission (TJC) accreditation, 2013
- Society of Chest Pain Centers – accredited chest pain center
- Joint Commission Certified Primary Stroke Center
- Presence Saint Joseph Medical Center (PSJMC) is located in Joliet, 40 miles southwest of Chicago. Saint Joseph Medical Center has over 450 inpatient beds. The Emergency Department sees over 60,000 visits and is designated as a Level II trauma center.
- Presence Saint Joseph Hospital Chicago-Lakeshore (PSJH) offers a comprehensive Emergency Department with 310 inpatient beds. It is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association. Certifications have been achieved in stroke, chest pain and EDAP. The hospital is currently working to become Magnet certified. The Emergency Department sees approximately 21,000 patients each year.
- Presence Saint Francis Hospital (PSFH) in Evanston is a nationally recognized, full-service hospital, is a Level I trauma center, and is listed as one of the Best Hospitals in Metro Chicago by U.S. News & World Report. Presence Saint Francis Hospital has been designated a Magnet hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. The Emergency Department sees approximately 36,000 adult and pediatric patients each year.
Apply Now to the EMPA Fellowship