During the Vituity EM AP Fellowship you’ll find that our passion for patient care is the most important part of the educational focus. We are committed to honing clinical expertise that leads to better service for our patients and promotes community health.
The Fellowship curriculum is structured on the American College of Graduate Medical Education and the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA) Standards for Clinical Postgraduate PA Programs.
The didactic segment of the fellowship at Kaweah Delta includes five hours each week of formal training and discussion encouraging feedback and interaction from all fellows. This portion of the training includes:
- Procedure workshops: hands-on training in a variety of procedures
- Case presentations: interesting patient cases selected by the PA
- Morbidity and Mortality Conference (M&M): interesting and pedagogical cases are reviewed and discussed in a confidential forum
- Grand Round Conference: fascinating cases are presented by each EM AP fellow, including a lecture of the disease process identified and treatment rendered
- Leadership role as appointed Chief Fellow
The clinical practicum is focused on hands-on training. Rotations include 48 weeks in emergency medicine, with emergency ultrasound. During the emergency rotations, fellows are closely supervised by a Physician Assistant, as well as board-certified or board-eligible emergency physicians who are certified by the ABEM and/or the AOBEM.
In addition, fellows rotate through in-house, hospital-based and ED-based specialties:
- Critical Care/ICU
- Two weeks in EMS and administration rotations
- Hospitalist Medicine/RRT
Apply Now to the EM AP Fellowship