AMITA Health — Excellence in Medical Training
Vituity’s EMPA Fellowship Program operates primarily out of AMITA Health Saint Francis Hospital, part of AMITA Health, a 10-hospital health service network in Illinois. AMITA Health’s emergency departments have achieved operational excellence with a Rapid Medical Examination (RME) process for rapid assessment and a Rapid Treatment Area (RTA) for lower acuity patients. AMITA Health prides itself on its collegial culture, where advanced providers are valued and respected by nursing and have ample opportunity to perform procedures and care for critical patients under physician supervision.
Fellows will have the opportunity to rotate through four of the system’s hospitals:
- AMITA Health Saints Mary & Elizabeth Medical Center is an award-winning medical center and the largest hospital on the northwest side of Chicago, with 450 inpatient beds and a comprehensive Emergency Department. Saints Mary & Elizabeth is the second largest behavioral health hospital in Illinois. Accredited services supported by the Emergency Department include:
- American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation (AACVPR) – Cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation programs
- Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME)
- Emergency Department Approved for Pediatrics (EDAP)
- The Joint Commission (TJC) accreditation, 2013
- Society of Chest Pain Centers – accredited chest pain center
- Joint Commission Certified Primary Stroke Center
- AMITA Health Saint Joseph Medical Center is located in Joliet, 40 miles southwest of Chicago. Saint Joseph Medical Center has over 450 inpatient beds. The Emergency Department sees over 60,000 visits and is designated as a Level II trauma center.
- AMITA Health Saint Francis Hospital in Evanston is a nationally recognized, full-service hospital, is a Level I trauma center, and is listed as one of the Best Hospitals in Metro Chicago by U.S. News & World Report. Saint Francis Hospital has been designated a Magnet hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. The Emergency Department sees approximately 36,000 adult and pediatric patients each year.
Apply Now to the EMPA Fellowship